Tuesday, October 6, 2009

It's been crazy busy...but I am not complaining!



I would first like to say that I know it's been a little while since my last post. Since then, I have been quite busy with photography work. I was recently in Lake Louis and Banff for a wedding shoot. It went extremely well. The Bride and Groom were awesome to work with. Their photos showed what a fun couple they are. Best of luck to them and their future together.



I took full advantage of the fact that I was surrounded by beautiful scenery. I took hundreds of photos of the mountains and lakes. This was truly an amazing experience. It was my first, but definitely not the last, trip to the Rockies. What can I say? I am in love with the mountains, the turquoise glacier lakes and rivers. I was overwhelmed with the splendour of nature.The photos will soon be posted on my working portfolio: http://artographystudios.ca/PhotoAlbums/main_portfolio/



After getting back from Lake Louis, my wife and I made the two hour journey to Dundalk to Goldenfield Kennels to pick-up Maddox, our dog. He was on vacation at the doggie hotel visiting his mom, siblings and cousins. I was told he had a blast and really enjoyed the freedom of playing with other dogs. What a lucky dog! I had made previous arrangements with the breeder at Goldenfields Kennels to do a photo shoot. The breeder wanted to post updated photos of her dogs. I was very lucky to have two super cute puppy Retrievers as my models for the shoot. It's quite easy to make puppies look good because they are already so easy on the eyes - but in that there lies the challenge of how to make the photos stand out even more. Well, the shoot didn't take too long and it was so fun, it didn't even feel like I was working. The breeder has already given me feedback and she loves the photos. We will be scheduling another photo shoot. Thanks Karen (the breeder) for letting me work with your wonderful dogs.



The weekend was the busiest I have been in awhile...a wedding, Nuit Blanche, hosting three birthday parties and celebrating my first year anniversary to my lovely wife Michelle.



My friend's brother got married on Saturday. I have known the couple for a few years and they are so full of life. Good luck to them both I wish them well! I did not take many photos because they had their own photographer. But the shots I did take turned out very well and I can't wait to show them the proofs.



After the wedding, we ventured to Nuit Blanche, an all-night art party. For more information: www.scotiabanknuitblanche.ca
All I can say is that it was spectacular. This was my first time going and if this was any indication as to what it will be like next year, I will definitely be there again. There was performance art, art installations and bigger than life art displays. It was great to see all the people that came out to celebrate the art.



There were just too many good things about that night to list. I believe Nuit Blanche 2009 deserves its own blog entry.
Nuit blanche for my friends and I ended at 5 a.m. But from the crowds, you wouldn't be able to tell what time it was. What a great time and photo opportunity for the professional and amateur photographers alike.



I want to thank everyone for the opportunity to be a part of your special day! The photos are on their way and I look forward to catching up with you all.


Enjoy the photos!

Nicholas

No comments:

Post a Comment